With the recent death of Amy Winehouse, many people have reflected on other rock stars who have departed too soon. There are so many beloved musicians who are no longer with us, but there are a few true stars who left a hole in the heart of rock music lovers. Winehouse joins a group of rock stars who have all died at the age of 27 called the “27 Club.”
You can honor these legends by buying and listening to their music. Remember their talent and appreciate the art they created. Shop for music on eBay if you’re looking for good deals on albums, and enjoy the songs you’ve always loved.
Even though their music can still be found, millions of fans miss these artists. Here are a few of the most famous rock stars who died at a young age, who all also happen to be members of the “27 Club”:
1. Janis Joplin: Janis Joplin had a raspy voice and a non-conventional look, but she sure could belt out the hits. She had a successful career both as a soloist and with her band, Big Brother and the Holding Company. She died in 1970 of a heroin overdose.
2. Jim Morrison: Jim Morrison died in 1971 of a heroin overdose. He was the lead singer for The Doors and was not only a great singer and showman — he was also a poet with an IQ of 149. His music is still unique even by today’s standards.
3. Kurt Cobain: Kurt Cobain was the lead singer for Nirvana, a grunge band out of Seattle. He had been plagued by depression, an addiction to heroin and a stomach illness that may have been the cause of his suicide. He died in his home from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head and was mourned by millions.
4. Jimi Hendrix: Hendrix is considered the best electric guitar player of all time and is famous for his rendition of “The Star Spangled Banner” at Woodstock in 1969. He died of asphyxiation of vomit, although there have been many allegations of murder rather than accidental death.
5. Amy Winehouse: Winehouse had a unique voice that started a trend in music. Unfortunately, she was involved with drugs, and although her father claims she was clean at the time, she died at the age of 27, making her the latest member of the club.
While there are so many rock stars who didn’t die at the age of 27, it does seem odd that so many unique and precious people have all died at the same age. It’s the music world’s loss, although their voices still remain with us.